Board index Net Gain Net Gain: Corporate Espionage POLL: The Feed or Mobile Ops?

POLL: The Feed or Mobile Ops?

Near Future Corporate Espionage!

The Feed or Mobile Ops: Which is our next Stretch Goal first? (Details below!)

Poll ended at Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:46 pm

The Feed
24%
Mobile Ops
76%

Total votes : 38

Post Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:38 pm

Nenjin: For The Feed, adding "a few hundred phrases" is actually quite a bit of work to make em unique, rewriting the same idea a dozen different ways... and it'd probably end up at quite a bit more than a few hundred! Mobile Ops is still estimated to be more development time, but as you say, it'll help bring in more people to offset that (and probably more!)

I'm a writerly type, so, that seems like something I could bust out in a few weeks. At least the actual phrases portion of it.

Post Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:51 am
Admin User avatar
Site Admin

True, if it was just the writing I could do it for a lower goal, but the code base and planning for all the additional workload on new content/traits/events/etc expands the time it takes significantly. It's also hard to tell at this stage how much variety per action per trait would be needed, as each new level adds exponential work.
Though some traits might be easier to add content for than others...
[Silent Protagonist: "...", ".....", "..!?"]
President - Developer
Level Zero Games

Post Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:40 am

@LZ
I've gone back and read over all the descriptions in the Update on on the forum and I have to say, my previous post was completely fallacious. I was operating on outdated and inaccurate information. I've since realized the core values that Mobile ops brings to the table, and I feel it should be incorporated before The Feed. I have since changed my vote. :)

Post Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:45 am

Kelly Costanza wrote:
@LZ
I've gone back and read over all the descriptions in the Update on on the forum and I have to say, my previous post was completely fallacious. I was operating on outdated and inaccurate information. I've since realized the core values that Mobile ops brings to the table, and I feel it should be incorporated before The Feed. I have since changed my vote. :)

That was almost exactly my thought process when I re-read the description, I think the 'Mobile Ops' title is possibly a tad confusing - but I'm more than happy to have thrown my vote over to it!
I'm British, and thus fuelled by tea! Naturally!

Post Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:57 am

I voted Mobile Ops. Having the extension will make the game feel very deep to new users, and give current fans something to proudly display!
Level Zero Games Staff | Writer | Video Guy
"We are all made of star stuff." -Carl Sagan
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." -Gandalf

Post Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:44 am

I love the idea of the feed, to help bring the lil ops to life, but it looks like Mobile ops delivers something similar to that but with more. Can't everyone just fund it more and get both? :P

Post Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:57 am

That would be the ideal scenario, Über, but I feel it's just a little out of reach now!

Still, let's hope it can at least get to a stage where we're adding Mobile Ops and The Feed might be modded in somewhere else down the line! If not by these fine fellows, by a modder!
I'm British, and thus fuelled by tea! Naturally!

Post Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:45 am

Much as I like the concept of the mobile ops, I'd rather not have something pulling my attention from the main game - anything that can enhance the depth and experience of the main game has my vote, and the feed sounds more useful for personifying your operatives, I want to have a reason to care for the agent who found love on the job , envy the faceman in his company perk penthouse, or be annoyed at the maverick actions and brash personality of the wetworks guy. While the mobile game might be able to provide this, I want the characters to be more than pawns with stats in the main game.

Post Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:23 pm

Now that, is a fantastic little paragraph. Kudos to you sir!
Level Zero Games Staff | Writer | Video Guy
"We are all made of star stuff." -Carl Sagan
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." -Gandalf

Previous

Return to Net Gain: Corporate Espionage