Board index Net Gain Net Gain: Corporate Espionage Bug Reporting!

Bug Reporting!

Near Future Corporate Espionage!

Post Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:10 am
Admin User avatar
Site Admin

Heyo, Brokers!

So the bug tracker is taking a bit to get up due to some DNS issues with the host, but it'll be resolve (i hope) shortly. Until then, feel free to post below!
Many bugs have already been fixed (operatives stuck on cancelled missions, location not updating in active mission menu, etc),
some are just incomplete features (plot/challenge failure is currently being built and will be done soon, and the only real way to fail currently is if the object you're after isn't there anymore),
and some aren't actually bugs, but dependent on other features to work "properly" (namely: the notification system to report why certain things are happening).

Post your bugs, with:
What happened
How you got that to happen
What you expected to happen
If you're able to make it happen again
President - Developer
Level Zero Games

Post Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:31 am

This isn't really a bug so much as a suboptimal decision making algorithm - it seems that when left to their own devices operatives will choose the person with the best average result for a roll to complete a challenge, which normally makes sense, but it does in some cases lead to situations where operatives who have literally no chance of failing the challenge are ignored in favour of operatives who have a better average but a wider range which gives them a chance of actually failing.
Of course it's possible this is desirable in order to give some sort of benefit to planning out the mission in more detail yourself, but I figured it was something I'd point out in case it was an oversight and they're supposed to be smarter. It's pretty easy to verify by getting a pair of agents with overlapping skill sets such that you have one guy with a large static bonus but a small range and one guy with a much wider range on the skill, then seeing who the game autoassigns to appropriate challenges.

Post Sat Jul 06, 2013 2:35 pm

Operatives have a tendency to still be preparing for missions when I cancel them. Making them useless for the remainder of the game.

Post Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:13 pm
Admin User avatar
Site Admin

Carcer wrote:
it seems that when left to their own devices operatives will choose the person with the best average result for a roll to complete a challenge, which normally makes sense, but it does in some cases lead to situations where operatives who have literally no chance of failing the challenge are ignored in favour of operatives who have a better average but a wider range which gives them a chance of actually failing.

You're right here actually, I'll have to put a catch in to make sure certain things are preferred over a high average.

Mallux wrote:
Operatives have a tendency to still be preparing for missions when I cancel them. Making them useless for the remainder of the game.

Fixed!
President - Developer
Level Zero Games

Return to Net Gain: Corporate Espionage