Board index Net Gain Net Gain: Corporate Espionage Net Gain: PATCH 0.5.1!

Net Gain: PATCH 0.5.1!

Near Future Corporate Espionage!

Post Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:59 pm
Admin User avatar
Site Admin

So the next two days I'm going to try to get the game working with the new mission code but under the old methods: as in, not implementing the stuff the new missions feature set can do. The issue is making the jump to this new system fully would require a lot of UI changes as well which takes more time.

While there won't be any new fun mission stuff to play with, you'll have the logos and the bevy of other small changes and additions since last build. IF I can be sure the game is running stable with the new things and no killer bugs, ill publish a build before I leave. When I get back from family time, I'll work on implementing some of the features enabled by the asynchronous mission stuff, and so on, and getting that out to everyone in a "shorter than a month" timeframe, probably a week or two.
President - Developer
Level Zero Games

Post Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:46 am

I'll just be happy to have something new to tinker with again for a few hours. Take as much time as you need!

Post Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:13 am

im with Nenjin on this, take your time im pleased your letting us know whats going on with the game dev'.

Even if you just keep us updated on whats going on ill be happy.

Post Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:29 pm
Admin User avatar
Site Admin

I need to make a better live changelog thing, because it's been so long I cant remember everything that was added since the last build. Forgot circles were a new thing, one of the first added.
President - Developer
Level Zero Games

Post Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:24 am

well im glad you have the wheel in otherwise the cog's dont turn and the system wont work :P.

Keeping track of what your doing on a daily bases can be hell i wish i had that much time to even keep a log of what i do daily but that would require half my day just to put down a log of what i do in a day so i can understand that the log is somewhat behind :).

Whatever happens we will be happy when a new version is out so we can all tinker with it and give you feedback :P.

Post Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:59 pm

Dev logs every day would be ideal but I know it takes a huge chunk of valuable time from developing. Another Kickstarter project I think is a good example of a daily dev log could be found here:
Limit Theory Dev Logs
You can see every single note he had for every single day since he started development post-Kickstarter, which is really impressive!

I am not expecting the same daily update as this guy, but maybe a good place to start if you're looking into starting up one.

Also, please do continue to let us know when a new build is released via Kickstarter update. Just a short message saying "New Build!!" is good enough for me. :lol: I appreciate knowing when to look out for a new build on Desura. :D

Post Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:47 pm

Don't worry Admin, I'm going to make you explain every single new thing when you drop the next update. PREPARE YOUR WRISTS.

Seriously though, I imagine when you're not crunching so hard to hit these deadlines, the process will reassert itself.

Post Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:43 pm
Admin User avatar
Site Admin

nah i'll put up another update video for this one, no typin' needed.
President - Developer
Level Zero Games

Post Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:36 am

Video is much better for explanation of how the new mechanics work, I will be looking forward to the next update with keen grubby hands :P.

Post Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:10 pm
Admin User avatar
Site Admin

And The builds are submitted! New Feature Review video here: http://youtu.be/_zhdzIYeDCg
Builds should take up to a day for Desura to approve.
President - Developer
Level Zero Games

PreviousNext

Return to Net Gain: Corporate Espionage