Board index Net Gain Net Gain: Corporate Espionage Net Gain: PATCH 0.5.1!

Net Gain: PATCH 0.5.1!

Near Future Corporate Espionage!

Post Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:25 pm

1:28 Australia Time. Desura decides to push update YAY.

ok given the game a small test trying to actually start a mission i have a pic uploading right now. will post that in just a sec.

http://tinypic.com/r/2z50wbd/5

I can not press the start button to start the mission :(

Ok can the global market be investigated by you ?. it doesnt seem that way ? I try and click on a perent company and try and say target but its blanked out....

Post Wed Sep 18, 2013 2:07 am
Admin User avatar
Site Admin

lemonrev wrote:
1:28 Australia Time. Desura decides to push update YAY.

ok given the game a small test trying to actually start a mission i have a pic uploading right now. will post that in just a sec.

http://tinypic.com/r/2z50wbd/5

I can not press the start button to start the mission :(

Ok can the global market be investigated by you ?. it doesnt seem that way ? I try and click on a perent company and try and say target but its blanked out....

re that pic: has that cell been through a mission yet? have operatives died in that cell?

the greyed out "target for mission" buttons are a feature I'm halfway through building, I forgot to toggle a debug bool that keeps em from showing up. they wont hurt anything, but they'll either be gone or working by 5.1

And an advantage being on Aussie time: Desura is run on that time which means the builds don't get processed till down under wakes up. Luckily that's in the dead of night when I'm "off the clock"!
President - Developer
Level Zero Games

Post Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:56 am

hello, ok that pic i took is me trying to get one operative to start a mission , lone mission of investigation, I hit the start button to try and get him the lone member that i picked and i wanted to try and get him to do a mission but no go :(.

And no they or him hasnt gone on a mission of yet ?.

Thanks for the info on the take on missions in that part of the game. Can you send in more operatives in eatch section of the game as you send off one or more to a mission on said company from the parent company ?.

Post Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:01 pm
Admin User avatar
Site Admin

Heya, windows players. can you tell me:
1: did you already had the game installed?
2: were you able to update and play the game?

think there might be a problem with desura launcher not liking the exe I gave em.
President - Developer
Level Zero Games

Post Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:42 pm

Admin wrote:
Heya, windows players. can you tell me:
1: did you already had the game installed?
2: were you able to update and play the game?

think there might be a problem with desura launcher not liking the exe I gave em.

I had it installed beforehand and updated, but when I attempted to launch it, I told me the file was not valid. Uninstalling and reininstalling it also had no effect, giving me the same error.
Author of the unofficial Net Gain Quests on /tg/.

Post Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:18 pm

Desura also refuses to launch Net Gain.

WORKAROUND: Program runs normally if you run the EXE directly from the installed path.

Attempting to run through Desura returns the error.

"Failed to launch item.

Failed to launch item Net Gain: Corporate Espionage, File is not valid exe [my local path].[61.0]"

Post Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:08 pm

I too had this problem and the workaround does work.

How you guys finding the game are you able to start a mission with any of your people, i have tryed to start a mission with 1 guy and i cant get the start button to go.

Any info on this would be appreciated thanks.

Btw i just found out that if you use the pre set of your operatives in game at this stage then you can all send them out and whatnot, but as soon as you start playing around with them to get more out of the mission and then authorize and then try and start it, It failes :(.

Can anyone else see if thats whats going on in there games ?.

Post Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:35 pm

lemonrev wrote:
Can anyone else see if thats whats going on in there games ?.

I've had no problems running the new build - but I'm running the standalone one, without using the Desura client, which I guess could work differently.

I've run into a couple of oddities when playing which might be related to your operative problems - although I am able to plan, authorise, assign and start missions, and watch them play out. This is all using the starting four operatives.

I ran one initial mission where my operatives were successful. Hooray.

I then ran another mission with the same four operatives (in the same cell), and they failed - they fell foul of a challenge halfway through and all got shot and killed.

After that cell had been killed, I could not start any further missions (either with that cell with new operatives added to it, or after erasing that cell and creating a new one with new operatives). The mission gets to the stage where the Start button is available, but clicking it does nothing (lemonrev - sounds similar to your problem).

I haven't tried:
a) Doing nothing with my initial four operatives, simply hiring a couple of newbies and using THEM to run missions.
b) Leaving a dead/empty cell intact, creating a new one and assigning new operatives to that (i.e. using 'cell 2' rather than the defeated/rebuilt 'cell 1').

Couple of relevant screenshots:
Playing, watching a mission take place (and fail miserably ;) ): http://i.imgur.com/1JNo5UQ.jpg
After the first team had all got killed, the second team's mission screen is locked at this point: http://i.imgur.com/tTaunxC.jpg

Post Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:49 pm

jhxmt - thanks for the confirmation on that start button thing.

Admin - Yes had desura update the game from previous version im going to attempt to take it off the pc and get desura to install fresh and ill tell you the outcome.

jhxmt - I havent tryed doing new missions but i still think the game is looping when you get into a fight and all your men die from that, there isnt a win, once you end up in a fight you die. thats a little upsetting but i think its just the routine thats running in game atm.

Post Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:11 pm

So I confess to being pretty confused too about starting missions. I know it works. After trying one evening after my normal routine of hiring new ops, yadda yadda, I launched the game and just set an investigate mission against a corp, using the default cell. No planning. I authorize the mission, then assign the operation, then the start operation button appears and when clicked, it starts.

But along the way of doing the things I normally do before my first mission, something causes the mission to not want to start. Pic of where I was stuck at.

http://i.imgur.com/9EbeHHt.jpg

I see that where it normally says [StandBy] it reads [Destroyed]. Is that why I can't start the mission? Why does it end up that way? Furthermore, there doesn't seem to be any way to abort an approved mission until you start it.

I've got more to write but currently I'd like to get a game underway and actually play a little bit first. Every time I settle down to do something for real, I run into this issue.

Edit: And now that I try it again, it doesn't happen.

This looks to be a bug: http://i.imgur.com/VTuFwzP.jpg

Note Dan's chance to succeed on that Code: Systems test. Note also that his proficiency as a Spy is in Covert: Systems, not Code: Systems. Maybe it's not a bug and I'm just not understanding the numerical expression.
Last edited by Nenjin on Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Return to Net Gain: Corporate Espionage