Board index Net Gain Net Gain: Stories Stories ideas!

Stories ideas!

Near Future Interactive Fiction!

Post Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:53 am

I swear, I spend far too much time checking this forum.
Business is the bottom line.

Post Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:17 pm

Well hopefully it will grow as time goes on into a nice tight knit community!
I dig these story ideas. The one I'm actually charting out right now is about a cyborg boxing ring. I can't get the idea out of my head that a dirty boxing match arranged by corporate big wigs wouldn't be maybe the coolest thing ever.
Level Zero Games Staff | Writer | Video Guy
"We are all made of star stuff." -Carl Sagan
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." -Gandalf

Post Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:20 pm

That totally sounds like Van Damme's movie Lionheart. Bunch of rich LA executives pitting street fighters against each other in the dark corners of parking garages just to see some bloodsport.

Post Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:22 pm

SHIT YEAH. Okay, looking that up now. GREAT reference!
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." -Gandalf

Post Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:25 pm

I'm a child of the 80s. I am a human IMDB.

Post Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:31 pm

A cyborg boxing ring?

Why do I get the image...

:lol:
I'm British, and thus fuelled by tea! Naturally!

Post Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:49 pm

What I'm going for is something between this:

And this:

That episode of Ghost in the Shell S.A.C was one of my favorites.

Post Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:01 pm

So...this? ;) :lol:

Post Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:20 pm

Here's an idea, you need to send your operatives to get an asset in transit from one secure location to the next. There are multiple convoys being run by the rival corp as smokescreen. You only have enough operatives to hit one convoy, and you need to decide which one to hit before the asset is secured at it's new location. The panic of a timed choice is delicious to me, mostly because it leads to fascinating and hilarious results.
"Go down, crush them all, and set yourselves up as gods; that's the Prime Directive."

Rule One of Brokering: Never let them see you sweat.
Rule Two of Brokering: Everything is going to plan
Rule Three of Brokering: Never pay more than necessary

Post Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:20 pm

Mr. Johnson wrote:
Here's an idea, you need to send your operatives to get an asset in transit from one secure location to the next. There are multiple convoys being run by the rival corp as smokescreen. You only have enough operatives to hit one convoy, and you need to decide which one to hit before the asset is secured at it's new location. The panic of a timed choice is delicious to me, mostly because it leads to fascinating and hilarious results.

I like that idea, but I'd go a step further and couple it with a lone agent infiltrating the enemy communications grid at the same time. Your main group is relying on him to relay communications to you to try and identify the correct convoy, he's under fire, you're running out of time...chaos ensues!

PreviousNext

Return to Net Gain: Stories