Board index Level Zero Games Forum Discussion Net Gain: Prototype is launched!!!

Net Gain: Prototype is launched!!!

meta-forum for the forum.

Post Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:28 am
Admin User avatar
Site Admin

Check your emails for the download link!
Specifically check: [LZG] Net Gain: Prototype Links! The links in the first email were hidden in plain-text for some reason...

As the email says, please remember this is just the early start! I'll have the bug tracker up and public shortly and we can start filling it out! I was looking to getsatisfaction but they changed their pricing to something prohibitive, so I'm checking out alternatives where people can pool their voices for certain ideas.

EDIT: On Desura now! and our bugtracker's at http://support.levelzerogames.com/bugtracker/
President - Developer
Level Zero Games

Post Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:06 am

Very rough around the edges, as expected, but it's surprisingly fun even at this very early stage! I'm looking forward to seeing it slowly grow some meat around the bones - this is going to be huge! :D
I'm British, and thus fuelled by tea! Naturally!

Post Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:17 am

Very nice. Tried for 5 mins in the morning, will file a longer report after I get back from work.

I suggest redmine/chiliproject for issue tracking. It is open source and very easy to use. There is also a company that offers service of setting up and hosting such tracker at their servers for reasonable price.

Post Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:36 am

How will Desura deployment work? I've never downloaded anything through it before, is it anything like Steam and its "Activate a product" feature?

Post Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:43 am

I concur with Chabbrik, an issue tracker would be really nice, I already got an issue where 2 operatives are permanently stuck [Preparing...] for a canceled mission.

Post Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:02 am
Admin User avatar
Site Admin

re:tracker
I've actually been trying to set one up for a few days, but I'm having some DNS issues with my host. once those are resolved it'll be up. The old flyspray one is too awkward to use anymore.

re: desura
you can either download the steamlike client and get automatic updates, or download the game from a standalone installer straight off the website (but the builds will be more infrequent, and you'll have to redownload to update)

And as for that's canceled mission bug, fix that in about a minute last night! I'm going to send a link for a new build before the end of the weekend!
President - Developer
Level Zero Games

Post Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:38 am

I don't know if it's just my moniter, but I've found the blocky text to be a little hard on the eyes after looking at the screen for a few minutes, especially if I'm scrolling up and down. Would it be possible to change it to a more standard font? There is a secondary font in game that I can read just fine, usually shows up in small sub-menus. i'll get a screenshot later to point it out

Also, is there a way to slow down the news feed at the bottom of the screen, I had to really concentrate to read them, if I wasn't actively concentrating on them it was just a blur.

Post Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:14 pm
Admin User avatar
Site Admin

Jasta85 wrote:
I don't know if it's just my moniter, but I've found the blocky text to be a little hard on the eyes after looking at the screen for a few minutes, especially if I'm scrolling up and down. Would it be possible to change it to a more standard font? There is a secondary font in game that I can read just fine, usually shows up in small sub-menus. i'll get a screenshot later to point it out

Also, is there a way to slow down the news feed at the bottom of the screen, I had to really concentrate to read them, if I wasn't actively concentrating on them it was just a blur.

the font has more problems involving atlas and etc that I've got to deal with, but it'll get better.

The headlines were SUPPOSED to be slower but the builds that went out are actually one iteration behind it seems :P hence the challenge buttons that are too small for their text. It's fixed!
President - Developer
Level Zero Games

Post Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:40 pm

ok, so played the new build, like how the news feed has slowed way down, can actually read it now. as for the font:

the text circled in red is fine, I can read it easily, almost everything else still strains my eyes. Would it be possible to have the option to change that font (it is a major part of the game) as I start to get a mild headache after 10-15 minutes of playing.

Post Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:43 pm

The game is much easier to understand to a somewhat menu flicking game, However its not clear how many things you can line up per person or per set of people go go after a certain company and then get back to actually making them start the mission is a little complex to work out but if you can get there it works well.

The text like a lot of others are saying is verry squeezed if this could not be as compressed as it is i think it would be better.

Also i dont know if you can make an option to see how you receive the money in game and how often it comes in.

Cant wait for next update, I don't use the desura client all that often are you going to keep us informed of patches or just push them though the client ?.

Return to Forum Discussion