Board index Net Gain Net Gain: Setting Net Gain Quest Threads

Net Gain Quest Threads

Setting discussions!

Post Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:31 pm

This is a place to discuss the formulation and running of a Net Gain quest thread.
I am FASCINATED by quest threads now, and I'm a long time vet of PBEMs and other online RPGs (second life, message boards, etc), so I want in.

Let's run one!

I'd like to set a game in the Arcology: the massive, self-contained corporate megastructure. Lots to go wrong, lots to go right...and all outside of the prying eyes of the Better Business Bureau.
Level Zero Games Staff | Writer | Video Guy
"We are all made of star stuff." -Carl Sagan
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." -Gandalf

Post Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:59 pm

I love a bit of RP, so I'm down for this! :D
I'm British, and thus fuelled by tea! Naturally!

Post Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:52 pm

There must be a few more intrigued by this? Come on, peeps! 8-) :D

Post Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:06 pm

There was a fantastic quest thread on /tg/ a few days ago actually.
I would like to work on a system to run one of my own...
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." -Gandalf

Post Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:58 pm

It would not be hard to do, you can leave options open-ended, have people vote for options by Color, or do something in between.
"Go down, crush them all, and set yourselves up as gods; that's the Prime Directive."

Rule One of Brokering: Never let them see you sweat.
Rule Two of Brokering: Everything is going to plan
Rule Three of Brokering: Never pay more than necessary

Post Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:02 pm

I'll probably snap off a sub forum in a little bit for a trial quest thread on here.
Good idea with the colors.

I kinda like how anon does quests, where the GM just tally's the votes for each action within a specific amount of time, etc. Of course on here I'd draw it out a little bit since threads won't get pruned.

PS: love the "Rules of Brokers" Should have a thread about THAT. Like the "Rules of Acquisition"!

Post Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:06 pm

LowCashBro wrote:
PS: love the "Rules of Brokers" Should have a thread about THAT. Like the "Rules of Acquisition"!

War is good for business.
Peace is good for business.

But yeah, given the size of the community here so far, you'd probably be best to give votes a loooooooong tally time.
Business is the bottom line.

Post Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:12 pm

You know we could also just do it straight up "PHBB RP" style, and everyone just takes turns tagging each other/playing a character. But that's HYPER nerdy. :ugeek:

I think a day might be enough time for a quest thread, if there was one meaty GM post a day in addition to whatever notes/questions needed to be handled during the day.

Post Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:26 pm

Individual character RP will likely arise by itself, that's just how things like this go.

As to 24 hours of voting on quest thread, seems about right so long as there's enough to keep people talking for the time being.

My thanks for the compliments on the rules. Just Maxims I figured my broker will live by. Mayhaps a thread should be started to see what kind of "Broker's Code" forms.

While my rule one is rather personal, I think a more general one should be

"The Bottom Line comes first"
"Go down, crush them all, and set yourselves up as gods; that's the Prime Directive."

Rule One of Brokering: Never let them see you sweat.
Rule Two of Brokering: Everything is going to plan
Rule Three of Brokering: Never pay more than necessary

Post Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:18 pm

LowCashBro wrote:
You know we could also just do it straight up "PHBB RP" style, and everyone just takes turns tagging each other/playing a character. But that's HYPER nerdy. :ugeek:

I think a day might be enough time for a quest thread, if there was one meaty GM post a day in addition to whatever notes/questions needed to be handled during the day.

Either would be fine, I reckon. Anything to get a bit of forum interactivity on the go!

Next

Return to Net Gain: Setting