Board index Net Gain Net Gain: Corporate Espionage Net Gain: PATCH 0.5.1!

Net Gain: PATCH 0.5.1!

Near Future Corporate Espionage!

Post Wed Oct 09, 2013 4:46 pm

Hey, Sorry to kill the happy mood but no one else seems to be here to confirm my trouble.

If you actually goto desura web's page not the client then you can login. you can actualy grab the 5.1.zip file thats there.

I grab'ed it extracted the file, Net Gain 5.1 directory or folder these days, I try to launch the game, nothing.

windows 7, 64 bit nvidia 770

Im not sure what is going on with that exe but it doesnt like windows 7 if thats what your testing it on. i want others to confirm this anyone else ?.

Post Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:34 pm
Admin User avatar
Site Admin

The only conflict with launching should be if you were updating an old install on Desura without deleting the old files.

Confirmed the standalone doesn't seem to be launching! It was working before I uploaded it, not sure why it wouldn't now. I'll see about reuploading everything...
President - Developer
Level Zero Games

Post Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:51 pm

are you going to change the version numbers from 5.1 to 5.2 ? to lessen the confusion :) ?.
And thanks for confirming this.

Post Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:04 pm
Admin User avatar
Site Admin

It's 5.2. Waiting for Desura to Approve the build.
President - Developer
Level Zero Games

Post Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:16 pm

hey, ok so 5.2 is out if you go though the desura.com website you will beable to login and download the new zip i still dont think desura is auto patching files yet but anyways.

ok had more than a couple of rounds with new people different people at the same task :), All failed around the time if clearing logs amazingly enough, It gets to that then suddenly i have a bitter fight with hackers then i loose that then i get into fire fight and all people die.

What i have seen is that i can keep my own funding up by buying in other corperations which is good so money is always around.

We still have a max limit on how many operatives we can higher.

Parent corp pres is the only one we can investigate - np i think this is fine as a starting thing and get the game working.

Im glad that everything works i can somewhat follow the company's intel. happy with what i can see.

With missions the only little bug bear i have is once you have selected the company say the parent company and you selected your group under cell, you tell it to authorize the mission and that brings up weather or not your people will be good in that section of mission type and you can play with your players that way.

Once you are happy with those however and you wish to start the mission you have to then Click back on planned mission cllick on the mission, then assign operation. and finally hit the old good start operation button.

only silly little bug bear, but all is well game plays well, every one dies we all try and get more info and die some more :P.

Thanks for 5.2 :)

Post Sat Oct 19, 2013 1:23 pm
Admin User avatar
Site Admin

you have to delete the old local files before desura caN START autopatching again.

"clearing logs" is a hacking escape plot, it tends to mean you messed up some other hacking plot, and now have to escape. Sounds like you need a better hacker.

What you mean by "buying in other corporations"? There is no "Merger" feature, yet.

There is no hard Max to the number of operatives you can hire, but yes there should be a practical limit of how many you can afford.

I don't know what you mean by " parent Corp pres"? You can investigate any corporation.

I don't really get your description of the bug, either? What's going on?
President - Developer
Level Zero Games

Post Sat Oct 19, 2013 4:18 pm

I downloaded the game stright from desura.com and im more surprised no one else has seen this new release.

What you mean by "buying in other corporations"? There is no "Merger" feature, yet.
-
I dont need merger i suppose atm, and i suppose this can relate to your last question as well you can invest in corporations that are in the parent corp - "pres" < my way of saying presently sorry lol, The Game only allows you to do things inside the top 3 company's off the parent company.

So you can click on the parent company and do things like buy into investigate hack and what not in the parent company but as i have said once before the other companys are just there for show for the moment, theres no investigate you can check them out by clicking on them but theres no investigation in those.

This is fine im not saying anything bad is just what i mean by buying other corporations.

There is no hard Max to the number of operatives you can hire, but yes there should be a practical limit of how many you can afford.
-
I usually find that once you have 4 operatives you can try and hire more operatives but the hire button is grayed out. but i understand what you mean by only what you should be able to afford.

I don't really get your description of the bug, either? What's going on?
-
i phrased my bug thing wrong, it was a bug-bear , ie something that can tick you off, and whatnot. sorry i can misinterpretation of normal common words, i just need to elaborate more that's all.

Post Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:23 pm

hey,

i think im testing 0.5.2 Can the versions be put on the main screen somewhere so we know what it is because even if i look at desura i know that 5.2 is out in zip format on there program but as far as if im up to date its hard to tell.

ok I wasnt sure if i was ment to make a new post or not but since its still in the 0.5's then ill post it here unless told otherwise :P.

I have been testing game play and dang did i play for much longer than i have ever done so on any missions before hand.

First off i think the loosing intel is needed if you do not keep track of that company / person you just happen to uncover, But If your in your intel screen and your telling it to uncover more and convert info from where you keep tracking the person then the info needs to increase not to keep decreasing....

What i mean by this is that I first investigated a company. got a name , Followed the person for at least 6 rounds uncovering more company's, I then wanted to uncover those company's but all i managed to get was a location and that location of course got me no where so i killed the person i was tracking because i got board of tracking her, Then i wanted that info to disappear on the location however it got down to intel 18 and never got lower. Because it was a location ?. it didn't loose info ?.

I like how you can tell your operatives once there in deep crap to put out or pause the mission, However by the time i have done so there usually in an argument get them selfs in a fire fight and die.

I have Investigated A company that came out while investigating the first person i killed anyways if you loose intel because intel is being lost all the time and you have already started a mission then that mission will go ahead but when your going though the process the intel < second screen under whos there in your party and so forth the info in the box is blank like the intel is broke.

the game is really coming along now and i can feel how the game should work which is a good thing i think.

Also most of the people you hire to do your bidding most of the time have n/a on there stats ie in terms of being successful at any one thing do any of the persons stats / traits at this time get used in terms of how well the outcome of a mission.

I can understand if you send say one operative out and there successful and they have a learning curve much like a rpg, I am unsure that first timers that you hire at this time dont so much matter in terms of success rate vs outcome of mission.

I really tryed to keep info coming in that lead to more and more info but that just ended up leading to all my info leading out.

Once it had done so There is a list of many other companys not the main three that are under the parent company that allows you to investigate Which usually ends any one of my players dieing in a mission trying to retrieve info.

Anyways i had a long good game it was fun, but intel needs to build and not collapse if your trying to uncover more info about any said company.

The game is really showing its colors now and thanks for the patch.

Post Thu Nov 06, 2014 6:02 am

Patch ? , Game ?, News ?.

Post Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:20 pm

Here's the best update you'll find anywhere, to my knowledge. John, you've still got my support and I'm looking forward to what you've been working on.

Previous

Return to Net Gain: Corporate Espionage